Tuesday, December 18, 2012

NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil vs. Wet N' Wild Idol Eyes

Today I'm reviewing/swatching a few of my favorite NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils (more like Shadow Sticks if you ask me), and comparing them to the Wet N' Wild version of the same.
I love the NYX pencils because they come in a lot of fun colors, are highly pigmented, they are very smooth, self sharpening, and decently blendable.
While I don't dislike the Wet N' Wild Idol Eyes sticks, I can say that in comparison -they are decently pigmented, self sharpening, have a good selection of colors (though more on the neutral side), but they are NOT, in my opinion, as creamy and because of that don't go on as smoothly.
I like to use either brand not just for lining my eyes, but for actual precise color on my lids and under for smokey eye appearance. 
NYX can be purchased in Ulta and Wet N' Wild at many big box and drugstores.

NYX Retail: $4.49
Wet N' Wild Retail: $1.99

I should also note, as you will see below, that the NYX pencils pack what appears to be more product as well.


In order from left to right:

#608 Cottage Cheese (great for highlighting your inner eye)
#623A Purple Velvet
#605 Strawberry Milk (another good one for highlighting with)
#603 Pots and Pans
#632 Peacock


This is the Wet N Wild stick, notice it's much shorter. Again, for their price - this are decent, but if I have the same color in both WNW and NYX, I'd pick the latter.


Here are the swatches in order of appearance above with WNW being on the far right. 

Both brands tend to crease, especially if you have oily skin or sweat. This can be helped with a good primer but, really a good translucent setting powder would be ideal!

*For those wondering, the nail polish I'm wearing is Pedal to the Metal by Sally Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment