Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

Hard Candy is a brand sold by Walmart and owned by Urban Decay. I've seen many say that it has a fantastic concealer that is capable of covering Tattoos, so for this reason I felt like giving it a shot. I tried it on one of my lighter tattoos and here are the results.


As you can see, there isn't a lot of black in this tattoo. In theory it should be an easier one to cover. This concealer doesn't match my skin exactly (Im super pale).



Step 1: Color in the tattoo with the pencil.


Step 2: Apply a couple of seriously SMALL spots of concealer, and blend using a dotting motion. Do NOT be tempted to add it thick enough to cover fully in this application. Just decently dot it around and then let it dry. When dry, repeat the process until the tattoo disappears. Set with a powder when completely dry (do it before and you will mess it  up.
Obviously mine isn't completely gone in this image, but this is only 2 coats in. I am decently confident it would be completely covered by application round 4, but again - it's not the right color for my leg so....would still show.
I think this product shows potential if there were more colors available. And for only $6, it's definitely not too bad (Dermablend is the only other Im aware of that really offers tattoo coverage but at a very high price).


1 comment:

  1. Oh man!!! This would have been nice to know in November!!! SCORE! Tat covering for re-enacting!!!

    ReplyDelete