Sunday, December 9, 2012

Essie Nail Polish - Review

I've seen so many Beauty Broads on Youtube doing their review videos and tutorials, listing that they are wearing Essie nail colors and usually I just love the look of this polish! I finally spent the $8 to get my own bottle in Fiji.
I was super excited to try it out and decided to paint a nail in the car. Well.....I had me a case of the "Whomp Whomps." The color went on terribly streaky. I thought that perhaps it was a "two coater" polish so I let the first layer dry - and then coated my nail again....still incredibly streaky.

 I thought that maybe there is some kind of "trick" to this polish, so I came home and put my Google-Foo skills to work and found nothing.
While I will say my initial impression is pretty bad, I think that I may return the product I purchased and try one more color (BB TIP: Buy your new products from Walgreens - they take returns!) before I give my solid opinion. But here is the mess I ended up with the first time.

***UPDATE*** 6 coats later - this is what we have....I like it NOW, but not sure I have time to wait for 5 coats to dry in order to get this color. Ill give another a try but after that I will call it quitsies!



1 comment:

  1. Had the same issue with Essie!!!
    Wont buy again.
    Got the white too... Ok maybe it is just the white, as I do Marble on the girls nails... and White under floresent makes it POP!
    Streaky... shows the streaky under... DISLIKE TOO!

    ReplyDelete