Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hard Candy Cosmetics - Review

Many of you may not know this, but the Hard Candy Cosmetics line sold within Walmart - is owned by Urban Decay. I have a few of their items already and am going to review them for you now. I will not, however, purchase anymore from this company because of their strict Walmart Affiliation. I will explain my frustration with this Big Box store in another post.


These are the 2 kits I have with sample sizes of the product. Each kit was $8.

Inside the first kit (First Flush), is a full size baked blush in Living Doll, Sheer Envy Face Primer, Glow All The Way highlighter, and Plumping Serum Volumizing Gloss. Inside the second kit (Naturally Naughty), is 2 Kal-eye-descopes, Eyeshadow Primer, Lash Tinsel, Take Me Out liner and Ginormous Lash.

Blush Crush Baked Blush in Living Doll
Package Description: Give your cheeks an all over warmth and glow.

 I think it really could be used both as your blush and highlighter. It's VERY shimmery! I do like this blush -and if I didn't dislike Walmart so much, I would likely repurchase.
Retails Separately $7.


Glow All The Way -Face and Body Luminizer
Package Description: A pearly luminizing highlighter that illuminates all skin tones.Infused with 24k Gold.

I really like this one a lot, though I think it's slightly odd that the color is a bit pink when first applied. But it's a great highlighter.
Retails Seperately $9 (Full Size)
To Purchase Click Here

Kal-eye-descope Baked Eyeshadow
Package Description: Highly pigmentedsingle Kal-eye-descope baked shadows. Apply "wet" for more dramatic, intense color or "dry" for a softer shimmery effect. Shade: High Maintenance
Well, first off - this little shadow fell right out of it's casing- not pleased about this. But when all is said and done, both shadows had "okay" pigment when used dry and over the included Eyeshadow Primer. I will include swatches  both wet and dry shortly.
Retails Seperately $6  (Full Size Duo)

***UPDATE*** It was brought to my attention that the Hard Candy Glamofage Concealer is phenomenal enough to cover tattoos for $6. I may buy this item just to see!



1 comment:

  1. You can test on some of my darker tats if you want...
    BUT I wanted to comment on the Hard Candy...
    I got the mascara and I can't say I LOVE the brush. Yet it does cover nicely and does lengthen (I dont need it... and my glasses have marks to prove it does)
    I also have the Liquid liners, Slower dry time... BUT LOVEEEEEEEEEE THEM!

    ReplyDelete