Friday, January 4, 2013

DrugStore Lip Stain Reviews/Swatches

I have 4 Lip Stains from HEB, Walgreens and Kroger to review/swatch for you today. I did a video as well with a little more information and I'm posting that here for you to view, but I'd like to also list out pro's and cons in case you are viewing this somewhere where the video isn't appropriate to play (like a Doctors Office waiting room, a Funeral, etc *grin*)

Pro:

Long-ish wear time
Light feeling on lips
Decent array of colors (though most are notably cool in tone)
Can be sheer OR built up

Cons:

Can be quite drying on the lips
Dry to a matte finish so you will need to use a NON OILY balm over them
Can be quite streaky (suggest you blend before it dries)
Because it's a marker - you may need to hold upside down to get more product
Felt tips means it feels like you are drawing with marker on lips (**heeby jeebies**)


4 comments:

  1. Good review! I have the Just Bitten, and the one thing I dislike about it is that the balm tends to break off at the base, so that entire half inch of balm falls off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That hasn't happened to me yet but that would bug the snot out of me! Ill keep an eye out for it!

      Delete
  2. what would be a good removal if you mess up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia - thankfully this stuff is forgiving in that while applying, you can clean it off if you accidentally head into uncharted territory!:) Otherwise, I'd use a makeup remover and maybe a lip scrub :) It WILL wear off.... eventually :)

      Delete