Friday, January 25, 2013

Another Blue Look - And Hooded Eyes

So before I post my photos- I'd like to rant/talk about Hooded Eyes. 
Hooded Eyes, like I have - are actually common and if you look at a few Celebrities such as

Blake Lively

Taylor Swift

And quite a few more- you will notice that very little if any of their actual lid shows when their eyes are fully open. 
This can make a lot of eye looks "disappear" when you have your eyes open and is kind of frustrating. 
When this is caused by aging - it can be fixed with expensive and painful cosmetic surgery - but when it's hereditary like mine- there isn't really anything that can be done- but to embrace the difference!

So I am going to embrace my own. I am figuring out a few tricks on how to bring more of my lid color up onto the hood of my eye and then smoking out above it - and it's working - but Im taking baby steps out of fear that if I bring it up TOO MUCH, Ill look like Im wearing drag makeup! 

After today's look - yet again, disappearing, I think tomorrow Im going to try something new and fun/exciting. I think Im going to throw some crazy color on my lid, so that I can be talking to someone and then when I blink they will be like, "HOLY CRAP WAS THAT YELLOW!?!?!" Haha!

Anyway- wearing blue again today so here is the eye look/make up.



EYES: Mac Dazzelight
   Revlon Aqua Blast Duo
E.L.F. Long Lasting Lustrous Shadow in Toast
NYX Black Liquid Liner
Covergirl Clump Buster Mascara in Blackest Black

Brows: E.L.F. Brow Kit in Medium

FACE: Covergirl True Fit
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral
L'Oreal Luminess Concealer

LIPS: NYX Lip Liner in Pale Pink
Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Honey

JEWELRY: Glass Beads made by My Momma!


No comments:

Post a Comment